The regulations regarding wastewater monitoring are outlined in Circular 17/2021-TT by the Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment. These regulations focus on monitoring the exploitation and use of water resources by facilities with water resource exploitation and utilization projects (excluding seawater). The objective is to share information on monitoring activities related to the exploitation and use of water resources with companies and businesses operating in the relevant business sectors. This ensures the connection and sharing of information and data from facilities involved in water resource exploitation and utilization with state management agencies from central to local levels.
Some new points about wastewater monitoring regulations
On October 14, 2021, the Minister of Natural Resources and Environment issued Circular No. 17/2021/TT-MONRE regulating the supervision of exploitation and use of water resources. Circular issued to replace Circular No. 47/2017/TT-MONRE dated November 7, 2017 of the Minister of Natural Resources and Environment to meet necessary requirements for water resources sector management activities. as well as create favorable conditions for businesses to implement.
This Circular regulates the supervision of exploitation and use of water resources for organizations and individuals (hereinafter referred to as establishments) that have works to exploit and use water resources (except for the exploitation and use of water resources). sea water) in one of the following cases requiring a license:
1. Reservoir projects that exploit surface water to generate electricity with an installed capacity of over 50 kW, including irrigation reservoirs combined with electricity generation.
2. Reservoir projects exploiting surface water with a scale of over 0.1 m³/s in case of water supply for agricultural production and aquaculture; over 100 m³/day and night in case of water supply for other purposes.
3. Culvert works, pumping stations and other surface water exploitation works as specified in Clauses 1 and 2 of this Article with a scale of over 0.1 m³/s in the case of water supply for agricultural production, aquaculture; over 100 m³/day and night in case of water supply for other purposes.
4. Underground water exploitation projects with a scale of over 10 m³/day and night.
Request from the MONRE regarding Circular 17/2021-TT-MONRE
To ensure the monitoring requirements of exploitation and use of water resources through monitoring monitoring data during the exploitation process of organizations and individuals according to the provisions of the Circular, the Department of Natural Resources Management The country recommends that organizations and individuals carry out the following contents:
- For projects that have installed monitoring equipment, connected, transmitted, and updated data on the monitoring system according to the provisions of Circular No. 47/2017/TTBTNMT, continue to implement or be adjusted according to regulations. of this Circular and continue to transmit and update data to the monitoring system, must ensure a stable connection to continue monitoring according to regulations.
- For works that are already in operation but have not yet installed monitoring equipment, have not yet connected, transmitted, or updated data on the monitoring system or have been connected but have not yet met the provisions of this Circular, a plan must be drawn up. Investment projects, installation of measuring and monitoring equipment at construction sites and connecting, transmitting directly, and updating data (completed no later than December 31, 2022) into the exploitation and use monitoring system. use of water resources.
- Measurement, connection, and data transmission equipment must meet the requirements specified in Article 8 and Appendix III issued with Circular No. 17/2021/TT-BTNMT. For projects that are not yet in operation, connection, transmission, and data updating into the monitoring system must be completed before operating the project.
Three main components of a wastewater monitoring system
The three main components of the monitoring system specified in Circular 17/2021/TT-MONRE are:
- Network infrastructure system, servers and monitoring software: Includes network devices, servers and monitoring software to manage licenses, monitor the exploitation and use of water resources at central and local levels. direction.
- Monitoring database: Where to organize and manage monitoring, processing information and providing solutions when detecting violations in the exploitation and use of water resources. Includes information about central and local shared water resources licenses, collection of information, measurement and monitoring data of water resource exploitation and use projects and other information and data. monitoring service.
- Monitoring equipment: Includes measuring, connection, live transmission, and data updating equipment. The devices are used to collect data and transmit information about the exploitation and use of water resources.
Subjects of application of Circular 17/2021-TT-MONRE
The applicable subjects of Circular 17/2021/TT-MONRE are establishments with works to exploit and use water resources (except seawater). These establishments include organizations, individuals, businesses, business households and other units related to the exploitation and use of water resources. Specifically:
- Reservoir projects exploiting surface water for electricity generation (W>50kW)
- Reservoir projects exploiting surface water, scale > 0.1 m³/s to serve water supply for agricultural production, aquaculture or over 100m³/day.
- Sewer works, pumping stations and other surface water exploitation works
- Underground water exploitation project, Q= 10m³/day
Wastewater monitoring parameters
Monitoring parameters are observed, measured directly or calculated indirectly through other measurement parameters but must ensure accuracy and honesty. Including location, parameters, and frequency of water quality monitoring for monitoring according to the provisions of the surface water exploitation and use license (if any). Monitoring of these parameters is carried out in the forms of automatic, online monitoring, periodic monitoring and camera monitoring.
Circular 17/2021/TT-BTNMT regulates the monitoring of exploitation and use of water resources and requires the monitoring system to manage key information such as:
- Information on central and local shared water resources licenses
- Information about monitoring stations, works/facilities exploiting and using water resources on the base map in accordance with the law on surveying and mapping.
- Information on measuring and monitoring equipment for water resource exploitation and use projects.
- Information on monitoring indicators, measurement and observation data of water resource exploitation and use projects.
- Information on monitoring and reporting results according to regulations in Circular No. 31/2018/TT-BTNMT dated December 26, 2018 of the Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment.
Requirements for wastewater monitoring software
- The monitoring software system must be installed and deployed on the network infrastructure, servers and other auxiliary devices to ensure safety, security and stable operation.
- Monitoring software must be designed to run on the Web, with an interface compatible with access devices (computers, tablets, smartphones).
- Monitoring software must be able to receive data from measuring and monitoring equipment of water resource exploitation and use projects into the monitoring database through network infrastructure, servers and monitoring software.
- Monitoring software must be able to send warnings/notifications to project owners/facilities exploiting and using water resources when the value of measured parameters exceeds the allowable threshold specified in the license or the data is incorrect. according to the structure and format of the software.
- Monitoring software must be able to manage monitoring data of each project/facility exploiting and using water resources.
- Monitoring software must be able to manage information and data to monitor projects/facilities exploiting and using water resources, including: connection history; history of crossing thresholds; notification/warning history.
All of these requirements are intended to ensure the systematic, timely, complete and continuous quality of monitoring software, helping to control water resource exploitation and use activities effectively and protect natural resources. the country's water resources.
iLotusLand monitoring management software meets Circular 17
Scope of the solution:
- Automatic, online monitoring: automatic and continuous monitoring of measurement and observation data, connected and transmitted directly to the water resource exploitation and use monitoring system (hereinafter collectively referred to as the system). monitor).
- Manage central and local shared water resource license information; Gather information, measurement and monitoring data of water resource exploitation and use projects and other information and data for monitoring.
Subjects of use:
- Leaders of the Department of Natural Resources and Environment (LD): Oversee and control remote sampling, issue directives to relevant departments.
- Data management departments of the Department of Natural Resources and Environment - Department of Water Resources and Meteorology (QL): Manage data of projects in the area, ensuring environmental safety.
- System Administration (QTHT): Configure the system, make necessary settings to operate the system and handle problems that arise during operation.
- Water resource exploitation and use facility (CSKT): Responsible for fully updating information about water resource exploitation projects and license information.
- Citizens: Monitor data published on the online portal system.
Download the entire Circular 17/2021-TT-MONRE here: Download file
|Circular 10/2021-TT-MONRE regulates environmental monitoring techniques and management of environmental quality monitoring information and data
|Circular 02/2022/TT-MONRE Latest environmental protection law 2022
|Circular 17/2021-TT-MONRE regulations on monitoring the exploitation and use of water resources
For further information, please contact:
Email: [email protected].
Hotline: +84 909 403 778
Facebook: iLotusLand – Leading in Industrial IoT Solutions
Linked in: iLotusLand – The 1st IoT Platform in Vietnam